PRO TOOLS USERS:
1. Only give me the tracks you want in your song. Multiple playlists or anything in question should be decided on prior to sending me your session.
2. Properly name all audio tracks and please keep it simple. Just what the track consists of. For Example: Gtr for guitar. For drum overheads please label which side of the kit OH-Hat and OH-Ride. Same for room mics. Room-hat and Room-ride.
3. Render all elastic audio and make sure the session tempo is correct.
4. Consolidate ALL audio files from the top of the session to the end of the session. Please make sure that all fades and crossfades are correct before consolidating to prevent from any unwanted pops and clicks in the audio.
5. In your Protools session please make sure you “save a copy in” select a destination drive and make sure you select “all audio files”. This insures that even if you are pulling audio from several drives that all of it will be copied into one session. This is the session you send to me.
6.All Autotune or Melodyne must be printed.
7. Include your rough mix in the session. This helps me understand what you’ve been hearing. I’m not going to chase it. It’s just for reference.
1. If working in Logic please watch the video below and follow the simple instructions to insure your audio tracks are being properly exported. http://youtu.be/ckb7DAAaTGM
2. After exporting Logic files make sure to label the folder with the song’s tempo, sample rate and bit depth. For example: “Song Title”- 132 BPM 24 bit 48k All of the above is absolutely necessary to insure I have exactly what I need to mix your song on the scheduled day.